Code of Conduct
GJFC Code of Conduct
- Understand and abide by the laws and rules of the club
- Teach the rules.
- Develop respect for others and club equipment.
- Ensure players enjoy their football.
- Are required to attain coaching accreditation.
- Play by the rules.
- Don’t argue
- Control your temper.
- Be a team member.
- Be a good sport.
- Treat all players fairly.
- Cooperate with your coach and team mates
- Enjoy your involvement.
- Aim to improve.
- Avoid ugly remarks about race and gender, religion (This is unlawful conduct).
Parents, Officials and Members
- Encourage participation but do not force it.
- Teach honest effort is the victory.
- Encourage playing by the rules
- Never ridicule mistakes.
- Remember involvement is for the players, not the parents.
- Remember players learn best by example.
- Recognise positively the contribution of voluntary officials.
- Never publicly disagree with officials, raise issues privately.
- Support the efforts to foster high standards of behaviour for our club and the League.
- Support efforts to remove verbal, racial and physical abuse.
- The Greensborough Junior Football Club committee will not tolerate undesirable behaviour.
- Players, coaches, parents or officials who do not follow the Code of Conduct may face disciplinary action.